AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Where does these clicks actually from in China mainland region?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi People,

I have a search ad campaign set China Mainland as target location.

For some of you haven't heard of this yet: Google is fully blocked in China 24/7. That means anyone who physically in China got no chance to read you ads, unless they have a VPN to browse the internet. However, VPN works by offering you a virtual location when you surf the web, usually associated with the server like US, UK. Now in this circumstance, the users are not able to see your ads either because their virtually location are not being targeted.

In my cases, I only target people who is in China mainland. Those who show interest in China but not physically in there won't see it. However, my campaign report still tells a different story.

user location.PNG

Data show dozens of cities in China still work with Google and its ads, which is odd. I wonder if those users were browsing on mobile so it could the device GPS located. Is there anyone who are aware of this can confirm? If it's the case, I could target people by detailed location then, no matter what VPN they were using.

Cheers!

Jason

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason Zhang
September 2015

Re: Where does these clicks actually from in China mainland region?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jason
This is most likely down to the location data that's assigned to the IP which is accessible by search partners. Do you have search partners enabled?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason Zhang
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jason
This is most likely down to the location data that's assigned to the IP which is accessible by search partners. Do you have search partners enabled?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Yes the search partner is enabled. How can it be different?

But I found out later what Google explains on how the geographic location is matched to the ads, which dismiss my most of confusion.

Best,

Jason