AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

When i get a click from the display ad, How will it appear?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Quick Question: When i get a click from my ad on the Display network, will i see it in Analytics as a click from adwords or will i see XYZ.com?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: When i get a click from the display ad, How will it appear?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello.

The best would be to make sure your Analytics and AdWords accounts are linked. If they are, you can go to Advertising - AdWords - Placements and you'll see exactly which placements (managed or automatic) have provided you with clicks.

If your AdWords and Analytics accounts are not linked, and you do not tag your campaign with utm parameters, I assume you'll see them somewhere under referrals, with Google being the referrer, just as the Search Network clicks from untagged and unlinked campaigns end up in the "organic" bucket instead of the "cpc" one.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

It will show up as CPC from AdWords. You need to optimize from AdWords, unfortunately I don't think the ad URL data goes into GA.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello.

The best would be to make sure your Analytics and AdWords accounts are linked. If they are, you can go to Advertising - AdWords - Placements and you'll see exactly which placements (managed or automatic) have provided you with clicks.

If your AdWords and Analytics accounts are not linked, and you do not tag your campaign with utm parameters, I assume you'll see them somewhere under referrals, with Google being the referrer, just as the Search Network clicks from untagged and unlinked campaigns end up in the "organic" bucket instead of the "cpc" one.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks all for responding, I am still not clear when i look on my real time analytics and i see an avg of 5-6 users coming from sites that i never heard of, what is their click source? Are they from the Display network? or perhaps from Search Partners?

Cheers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You may want to ensure that "Auto-Tagging" is enabled on your account.  Auto tagging allows Analytics to see Adwords data.

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033981