AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

When does the AdWords Quality Score change for new keywords ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The last time I tested how QS shifts for new keywords was a long time ago , when the rule of "after aproximately 1000 impressions" new keywords get a new QS based on their own performance proved to be correct on my sample. I took it for granted since then.

I used to test this with an email alert from the "automate" button with a rules like this.

test-changed-QS.png

Probably because I tested with some high traffic keywords, the email alert for the QS change was initiated  after 1100-1200 impressions.

Now, are there any exceptions for this rule , for example if the keyword is low volume , the QS can change for example after a lower amount of impressions ? 

This question is for my personal curiousity. Maybe some things have changed since the "normalisation" of quality scores and the introduction of "expected CTR rate".

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/07/improving-quality-score-reporting.html

Anyone has a clue if there is an impression threshold anymore or not for new keywords ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: When does the AdWords Quality Score change for new keywords ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Adrian;
The answer is probably yes. And 1000 is an approximate number; and probably also a factor of time (how long the KW was "listed") is also "involved". However; Google would NOT tell....
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: When does the AdWords Quality Score change for new keywords ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok , thanks.