AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

When does the AdWords Quality Score change for new keywords ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The last time I tested how QS shifts for new keywords was a long time ago , when the rule of "after aproximately 1000 impressions" new keywords get a new QS based on their own performance proved to be correct on my sample. I took it for granted since then.

I used to test this with an email alert from the "automate" button with a rules like this.

test-changed-QS.png

Probably because I tested with some high traffic keywords, the email alert for the QS change was initiated  after 1100-1200 impressions.

Now, are there any exceptions for this rule , for example if the keyword is low volume , the QS can change for example after a lower amount of impressions ? 

This question is for my personal curiousity. Maybe some things have changed since the "normalisation" of quality scores and the introduction of "expected CTR rate".

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/07/improving-quality-score-reporting.html

Anyone has a clue if there is an impression threshold anymore or not for new keywords ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: When does the AdWords Quality Score change for new keywords ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Adrian;
The answer is probably yes. And 1000 is an approximate number; and probably also a factor of time (how long the KW was "listed") is also "involved". However; Google would NOT tell....
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Adrian;
The answer is probably yes. And 1000 is an approximate number; and probably also a factor of time (how long the KW was "listed") is also "involved". However; Google would NOT tell....
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok , thanks.