AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

When does AdWords drop the remarketing cookie?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

If I have the AdWords remarketing tag on my homepage, when does the script load the cookie? I meant, "drop" the cookie in the browser? I'm asking because national legal regulation says we can't drop any cookie until the user accepts it (when clicking on the "I accept your cookie policy").

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Endal
March 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

A cookie is "dropped" when Google script is loaded. In fact such law is bulls*it, because the user cannot decide if the script will load or not. It was a simmilar situation in EU. But in fact if the user don't want to accept cookie, you need another cookie to remember this choice.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Endal
March 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

A cookie is "dropped" when Google script is loaded. In fact such law is bulls*it, because the user cannot decide if the script will load or not. It was a simmilar situation in EU. But in fact if the user don't want to accept cookie, you need another cookie to remember this choice.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is a good question;

You must  alert (by a disclaimer) the user about using cookies, have to accept   the user's consent to use cookies, prior to loading the tag,  and offer to opt out. 

There are 3rd party tools which   you can use.

Read Google's guidelines on this:

https://www.google.com/about/company/user-consent-policy.html

https://www.cookiechoices.org/

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks! Do you happen to know what's the name of the cookie? Can't find it on my browser. My approach right now is yo use jQuery with an "if", so I can fire the AdWords tag when the user accepts the cookie policy.