AdWords
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

When am I charge for a Click to Call Campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When creating click to call campaigns (reading through Adwords materially) it says you are only charged for calls to your phone number.  However it looks to me like you are charged when the consumer clicks your ad and the phone number pops up on their screen and then they have a second step to complete which is actually pressing the call button.    So am I charged for the initial click even though a consumer might not actually dial my number?

So tracking the CALL ONLY CAMPAIGNS (would I look at the Clicks Column to get accurate number of Phone Calls Produced or look at the Phone Call Conversions)?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: When am I charge for a Click to Call Campaign?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

You are charged for clicks.

See this discussion.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: When am I charge for a Click to Call Campaign?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I actually read that discussion before asking this question. According to Google's own documents you track the amount of calls by just looking at the "CLICK COLUMN" within adwords. This doesn't seem to be the case as a click on the Call Only Ad produces a call popup on the screen for mobile (if I am not mistaken) that they then have to click again in order to actually call the company.

Is this the correct way of thinking here? So in this instance you can produce and be charged for 15 clicks but receive many less calls.