AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

When I receive an RFQ from my website via email, how would I also receive AdWord Campaign details?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

95% of our orders are custom orders received and entered into a different system offline, days or weeks later... I understand Analytics shows what people at the site are doing by AdWord details, but when I receive an RFQ from my site via email, how would I also receive the same AdWord details? IF that RFQ eventually turns into an order offline, we would like to tie to it’s marketing source.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gavin T
November 2016

Re: When I receive an RFQ from my website via email, how would I also receive AdWord Campaign detail

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gavin T it's possible to do this, but it requires some work on the website and some rigorous tracking at the back end (manually).  AdWords has a feature called "Offline Conversion Tracking" (read about it here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en-GB ).  What you'll need to do is edit your website so that when the contact form/email is submitted, it includes the gclid parameter from the Ad click; this isn't difficult to do for a developer.  You'll then need to keep hold of that parameter while the request goes through your internal processes (store it in a customer management system, in a spreadsheet, etc.) until the request turns into an actual order.  On a regular basis (depending upon how many orders you get) you can then upload the details of the conversion with it's associated gclid and AdWords will add it to your Account.  You'll then be able to see conversion values against your costs in AdWords.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gavin T
November 2016

Re: When I receive an RFQ from my website via email, how would I also receive AdWord Campaign detail

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gavin T it's possible to do this, but it requires some work on the website and some rigorous tracking at the back end (manually).  AdWords has a feature called "Offline Conversion Tracking" (read about it here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en-GB ).  What you'll need to do is edit your website so that when the contact form/email is submitted, it includes the gclid parameter from the Ad click; this isn't difficult to do for a developer.  You'll then need to keep hold of that parameter while the request goes through your internal processes (store it in a customer management system, in a spreadsheet, etc.) until the request turns into an actual order.  On a regular basis (depending upon how many orders you get) you can then upload the details of the conversion with it's associated gclid and AdWords will add it to your Account.  You'll then be able to see conversion values against your costs in AdWords.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits