AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What would be the best cut off time in setting up call conversion?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As of the moment our cut off time for call conversion is 25 sec. but we would like to see more conversion, so what would be the best cut off time for this? 

And Is there anyway to get phone calls for kw and ads in google adwords campaign?

thanks for the help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What would be the best cut off time in setting up call conversion?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jeevan,

Cut off time for a call conversion depends on what you consider as a conversion (on a call) and how long does it normally take on an average for the caller to achieve that. If you think a conversion (action that you consider) can happen in 15s, you can use that as a cut off time.

To see phone call conv. against ads & kws, you can add the column (phone conv) under columns>customize columns.

Hope that helps !

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jevan D
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Jevan,

Like many answer on this form "It Depends". It depends on how you track your overall ROI. In an eCommerce situation you spend X (advertisement) you get Y ($$ cart transactions). In a lead generation scenario you Spend X you get Y (leads) that may turn into Z ( true conversions of your goods or services).

With all that being said, Your statement I want more conversions, how are you valuing those "conversions". If I spent X and got 10 Y phone calls that lasted only 30 seconds, then I would not assume those 30 second phone calls were enough time to conduct or lead to a monetary transaction (could but most likely not).

You can adjust your time limit to anything you want, but if this is your Business you want a realistic opportunity for those Leads to be transactions. If you are managing someone else's account and attempting to "massage the number", then the time of call will be lower to make you attempt to look good. But it is not in the best interest of the Business.

If you use any of the automated aspects of conversion optimization then you will want the most accurate "true conversion" data available because the system adjusts spends accordingly and if your conversion data for calls is unrealistic to making a sale, or have a goal pulled in from analytics that is "went to form page" then again that is a misrepresentation of a true transaction event and the ROI is not reported accurately and leads to a false indication of business success.

Make sense?

And Is there anyway to get phone calls for kw and ads in google adwords campaign?
Unfortunately via the adwords program no, you can not see Phone data at the keyword Level, only ad campaign or ad group Level, There are 3rd party call scripts that will provide some of that keyword call data.

Hope that helps.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jeevan,

perhaps this can help your query - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054#calls_from_ads

Thanks,
Kaushik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Eric, that really enlighten me..I am musch concern about phone calls on keywords lvl. hope adwords will add this soon cause this is very helpful considering you know which keywords triggering the calls.

Thanks
JEVAN

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Your Welcome Jevan,

Hopefully it will be a feature soon.

To Your Success,
take care