AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What sort of conversion rate do you think this webpage can get?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

What sort of conversion rate do you think this webpage can get for the adword search term

'Hotels in London' - 

http://www.trivago.co.uk/?aDateRange%5Barr%5D=2013-10-13&aDateRange%5Bdep%5D=2013-10-14&iRoomType=7&...

As you can see the landing page is the page for london hotels, as far as i am aware it seems to be the most targeted landing page you can have for search term 'Hotels in London'

I am new to adwords, what sort of conversion would you guys say is realistic for this landing page? 1%? 3%?10%? 20%?

Thanks,

Asif

1 Expert replyverified_user

What sort of conversion rates are you getting?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am new and yet to advertise on Adwords. I have read on here of some person getting 1% conversion rate and another getting 4.42%.

I use to sell ipad case on ebay for every 10 views on listing page 1 would lead to a sale so it was 10% conversion rate on average. On a good day could be 20%. My adverts on ebay were very targeted i use to sell 'clear ipad 2 cases' so people who saw the listing were after clear transparent ipad 2 case. As targeted as can be.

Ebay marketing cost was about £0.32 for each sale, for that i got 10 clicks, 1 sale. 

Ipad case price was £4, about £1 was profit.

Now I am wondering what sort of conversion rates adwords is getting you? is 10% even heard of on adwords? is 1% about average?

Thanks,

Asif

Re: What sort of conversion rate do you think this webpage can get?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Asif, welcome to the Community.  I've combined your two posts as they really ask the same question.

Conversion rates, like most things AdWords, are subject to too many variables to be able to give a sensible answer, especially as "conversion" means different things to different Accounts and even if we only talk about sales of physical items, each will have their own "lead time" and likelihood of conversion.

Yes, it's possible to convert at over 10% with AdWords - I have several Accounts with Campaigns recording over 15% consistently, but these tend to be leads rather than sales.  I'm quite sure though that with the right product, the right price and a big enough audience you could get over 10% on a physical sale.

However, the conversion rate isn't really as important as the overall Return on Investment.  Although obviously the higher the conversion rate the better, what really matters is whether the advertising is returning a net profit over time so I tend to focus more upon that than simply rates.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asif A
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, so if you look at my first post, would you say that webpage for keyword 'hotels in london' is likely to be converting at 10%+ ?

I'm making a similar website.

Yes ROI is what its all about, I am aiming for minimum CPC and maximum sales = Big profits.

44 clicks for 'hotels in london' cost £1+

If 4 convert to sales, thats 4 x 6.50 = £26
£26 - £1 = approx £25 profit!!

If I can also get 10% conversion rate then thats mind blowing profit!! I can get similar profits for every city in world.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asif A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Asif, if the opportunities were that easy, don't you think those of us that have been working with AdWords for years would be doing this already?

Yes, with hard work, dedication, time, effort, planning and application anyone can produce a website that will return a profit and many will benefit from using AdWords to promote that business.  But there is no simple, easy route to making money through AdWords.  The people that succeed with AdWords are those that expend that time and effort needed to succeed.  You appear to be looking for proof that AdWords can make you rich overnight but no such proof exists.

Do you have a business now?  Do you have a website promoting that business?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I am looking for confirmation that adwords can get me a conversion rate of any where between 1% - 10% and i will make me plenty of money.

The only way i can not make money would be if adwords give me a 0.05% conversion rate or lower. Negative ROI.

This is my website - http://www.travelnow.com/templates/441604

There are 50 cities in the UK.... and thousands worldwide, there is potential to make a lots of money from this hotel booking website. After this i am going to make a thousand websites, one selling every product and service, affiliate programme.

Why are'nt people who have been on adwords for years not making insane amount of money? well my friend business doesnt come naturally to people, some are automatically born with it like me, whilst the majority of people 95% just dont get it and dont understand how to make profit.

I have read your post before you get it and your getting there.

Marketing = customers = sales = profit.

Simples.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If you type london in search box you will see london hotels page.

Can I see your websites?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Asif,

I am currently doing what you are doing, hypothesizing and playing with numbers. i think what cobnut is saying is that you dont operate in a vaccum and stuff happens along the way that wont give you the immediate profits you are hoping or expecting. and it works with trial and error although he wasnt specific as to how many errors you make before breaking even and to make a profit.
have you started using adwords so far? what has been your experience? what are your actual sign up or conversion rates?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I have made money drop shipping on ebay and google adsense on youtube, I always make profit from the first minute, go figure....