AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What should be the CTR for the campaign and its coversion rate ??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What should be the CTR for the campaign and its coversion rate ??

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sumit_Prasad
September 2015

Re: What should be the CTR for the campaign and its coversion rate ??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Sumit,

There is no as such defined values for these metrics which you are talking about.

In my opinion, if your CTR is about 2% or more, that means you are in the right direction as far as your Adwords account is concerned. That's my point of view and the values can differ based on your specific business and what the competition is in the regions your are targeting.

Now conversion rate is again something which depends upon the actual return on investment which you are looking for. If you have some defined CPA (Cost per acquisition) in mind and you are achieving that while optimizing the campaigns, then it should be perfectly fine. Otherwise you can work in the direction to improve on your conversions by optimizing campaigns which includes steps like: reviewing search terms, adding negatives regularly, working in improving CTR etc... I would advice you to read this article which provide good insights.

Just few of my thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sumit_Prasad
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Sumit,

There is no as such defined values for these metrics which you are talking about.

In my opinion, if your CTR is about 2% or more, that means you are in the right direction as far as your Adwords account is concerned. That's my point of view and the values can differ based on your specific business and what the competition is in the regions your are targeting.

Now conversion rate is again something which depends upon the actual return on investment which you are looking for. If you have some defined CPA (Cost per acquisition) in mind and you are achieving that while optimizing the campaigns, then it should be perfectly fine. Otherwise you can work in the direction to improve on your conversions by optimizing campaigns which includes steps like: reviewing search terms, adding negatives regularly, working in improving CTR etc... I would advice you to read this article which provide good insights.

Just few of my thoughts!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sumit,

In addition of Pankaj Response I would like you to visit AdWords Click Through Rates (CTR) - Evaluating and Improving CTR by Kim_Clink