AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What is the ValueTrack for adgroup/campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to track adgroup and campaign of the keyword/ad that was shown or triggered by the search query?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is the ValueTrack for adgroup/campaign?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Richa, I don't understand exactly what data you need, but if you link Google Analytics and Google AdWords, you are getting a lot of insight, without the need to work with ValueTrack parameters. Read how to that here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ivan,

I am trying to create dynamic landing pages that would contain some text
based on the adgroup or campaign name.

We have automated our landing page url such that I can pass some text from
landing page url to be displayed on the landing page in some text area or
even a drop down menu.

If i can track adgroup in that url, then I don't need to manually insert it
for each ad from the adwords editor.

So any idea how it can be done?

-Richa

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I see. Usch, I am afraid I have no experience with such use of ValueTrack. Perhaps you can experiment with http://www.example.com/?keyword={keyword}, if that is the kind of control you're looking for. Or {ifsearch:[value]}, where you could update [value] in a spreadsheet with the text you want to be using.

But as said, perhaps someone who has been here can shine some light on your question. I am curious to know how you will achieve it Smiley Happy.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Richa,

There are no value track for adgroup or campaign. You'll need to assign those explicitly for each campaign/ad group. You can use {creative} to get the id of the ad that was shown.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Richa
I am looking to achieve the same thing - pass ad group name as one of the parameters for keyword insertion onto a landing page.

Did you achieve this in the end?
If so, how?

Thanks
Rob

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

I'm looking for something similar here to Richa.

I want to pass the ad group and potentially campaign name through the URL so that we can optimise the page content depending on what is in the URL string.

If this isn't achievable automatically using parameters then are there any other options you can think of?

As a worst case scenario, can we manually add our own text (eg the ad group name) into the url string and use in combination with adwords valuterack parameters?

So for example:

www.example.com/matchtype=b&adgroup=Dentists%20Manchester&keyword=dentist%20in%20manchester

So we have manually inserted the adgroup name (Dentists Manchester) ourselves and then used adwords valuterack parameters for the matchtype and keyword?

This is a bit long-winded considering we would need to manually insert the ad group name into the string for each ad and keep track if we make any changes - but could it be done this way?

Thanks
Rob

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How about using the adgroup ID which is currently a valuetrack parameter and creating a db with matching IDs and full adgroup name. Then pull the name by its corresponding ID.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

There is no value track parameter to track Campaign name and adgroup name, they have to be passed manually.

Though if you use adwords editor, it has Search & Replace function to make it east for you which may help in case of large number of campaign / adgroups.
For that you can have a place holder and replace it with [campaign] or [adgroup]

If you use DS3, it could do this for you automatically, basis the setting you define in DS3 for the Account.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

True,

But Google added new ValueTrack parameters to track campaign id and adgroup id.

Use {campaignid} and {adgroupid}

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447#parameters