AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What is an Acceptable Lost IS (Rank)?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have some accounts with a Lost IS Share as high as 60% and others 25%

Both accounts are not doing badly at all though...

Is there a threshold?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is an Acceptable Lost IS (Rank)?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Are those numbers related to Lost IS because of budget or because of rank?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Percentage values (Rank)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

The following formula applies to Rank.

Rank = Bid * QS

where QS is the Qualiy Score. Consenquently you should either raise the bid or improve the QS if you're after a higher Impression Share. The former is expensive while the second is time-consuming. So if you're satisfied with current performance I'd probably stay away and do nothing Smiley LOL

Okay, jokes aside, when you are improving the QS values without spending extra money, the process is called optimization. You'd better regard optimization as a long-term task which needs ongoing daily efforts from advertisers. An awsome help page is linked-to below so you can get familiar with how it should be done.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=tips.html

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am refering to  Lost IS Share as a percentage value and not QS.

Although it's value is dependent on QS

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

"I am refering to  Lost IS Share as a percentage value and not QS."

I was aware the query was about Lost IS (rank). However, the remedy might be associated with the bid or the QS value. That's a consequence of the formula I posted above Smiley LOL

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am not in search of a remedy - rather my question was more around if there is an average Lost IS value we should not typically fall below.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author andrio-addy
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

>> if there is an average Lost IS value we should not typically fall below <<

No, there isn't. Just consider there are a great number of keywords which are extremely popular on the net and accrue many millions of impressions each day. Even an Impression Share of 1% or less could be really great for some one who can consistently turn this small percentage of traffic into a positive ROI. A small IS does not influence your standing with Google; it simply means a small market share for you and the rest of the cake is probably eaten up by deep-pocket competitors.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Sir - that about answered my question!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

I'm completely with Lakatos on that. Lost IS due to Rank is strongly dependent on the type of business you are in, and the competition in that business segment. if your Lost IS due to budget =0, and you are happy with the results of the campaign, just, as Lakatos suggested, do optimisation.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’