AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What is Smart Pixel and how it works?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I wanted track conversions through different Adwords accounts by just putting one conversion code in my thank you page.

I have been suggested to use Smart Pixel tracking, and that should take care of any conversion happen through adwords campaign.

What is Smart Pixel (is it related to Marin)? and how it works to track conversion on any account.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Maxime T (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: What is Smart Pixel and how it works?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Vineet
The Smart Pixel was a beta program in AdWords a few years back and it was more to do with remarketing than conversion tracking as far as I remember.

I think what you're looking for is called "Cross Account Conversion Tracking" and you can find out all you need to know about it here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3030657?hl=en

There's some good documentation and some videos there. If that's not what you're looking for, you can look into Google Tag Manager. It will be a little more clunky to set this up but it's how we do it in situations like this.

Hope that's useful.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Maxime T (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: What is Smart Pixel and how it works?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Vineet
The Smart Pixel was a beta program in AdWords a few years back and it was more to do with remarketing than conversion tracking as far as I remember.

I think what you're looking for is called "Cross Account Conversion Tracking" and you can find out all you need to know about it here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3030657?hl=en

There's some good documentation and some videos there. If that's not what you're looking for, you can look into Google Tag Manager. It will be a little more clunky to set this up but it's how we do it in situations like this.

Hope that's useful.