AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What happens when advertiser clicks on own display ads?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When an advertiser who is using CPM bidding clicks on their own display ads, what happens to the quality score?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What happens when advertiser clicks on own display ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Google may or may not filter out these clicks (in my experience, this can happen, but assume it doesn't). Quality score wont be effected based on one click so I don't think it's something you need to worry about.

I'd be more concerned about wasting your own budget.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Naushin,

QS of the Display Network Depends on the Following factors when you are using CPM Bidding:-

The Ads Past Performance on the particular Sites.
The relevancy of the ad group and ads and keywords.
The Quality of your Landing page.
Display URL of your ad copy.

Note:-CTR does not impact your Quality score when you are using CPM bidding
@Dave:-
I'd be more concerned about wasting your own budget.

As naushin mentioned that, she is using CPM bidding so it will not impact on your cost when you click on your adsSmiley Happy

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Smiley Happy Thanks for the correction. Don't know why that didn't click. I never see my ads on the display network so I assume it's always search ads that I deem "clickable" Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
"Note:-CTR does not impact your Quality score when you are using CPM bidding" Is that true? I've never seen this before.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I'm not sure it is true Pete.

I thought that as long as you were using CPC bidding on the display network, that was factored in.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Just redid the display advertising exam there (it's been a while) and this was one of the questions.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Petebardo,

"Note:-CTR does not impact your Quality score when you are using CPM bidding" Is that true?

Yes it is true.

You can read about on the below link:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/agency/answer/10215?hl=en

http://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/how-to-improve-quality-score-the-ultimate-guide/
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Thanks, Rakesh. I've never used CPM bidding, and I hadn't seen that page.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords