AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What happens if two web pages have the tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If have kept the conversion tracking code in two pages how the report is shown.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: What happens if two web pages have the tracking code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Hari,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

AdWords only consider those conversion that comes from the particular keywords. Means your campaigns, ad group, keywords records such conversions, when a search terms triggers the ads from the Ads from Campaign-A, the conversion will be only recorded in Campaign-A with its corresponding ads and ad group as well as keywords.

AdWords automatically segregate each conversion with the particular campaigns and keywords.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author hari p
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Hari,

As you said that Conversion tracking is on 2 pages i.e. On Shoes Page & Shirts Page

So, if a user purchase shoes and another person purchases shirts then AdWords will count that as 2 Conversions and show 2 Conversions under "conversion (1-per-click)" column.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks rupesh,
But i am not able to clearly under stand what is the difference between analytic link up and adwords trackin code.
What my exact situation is mine is not an ecommerce site. it is a real estate site. i would like to put the conversion tracking code into my landing page. is it ok if i do so.
And one more thing. i have linked the adwords with analytics but i am not able to see the reports. Is it possible to see the location where we are getting more clicks, country i mean geo location etc., just like analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,
Thanks for the reply, but what my question is, if i put tracking code in my landing page, is it possible to track whole activity of the visitor. Or else do we need to put the tracking code in each and every page.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author hari p
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Hari,

There is difference Between Analytics Link up and AdWords Conversion Code

When You paste AdWords Conversion Code to Lead Generation Thank You page, you will be able to get the data of the conversions converted through Google Paid Ads.

But When you paste Google Analytics Code to your website all pages you will be able to track the user behavior (User came form which page and lands on to which page & went to which page) so from Google Analytics you will be track the user time spent, bounce rate and various other metrics.

If you have linked the Google AdWords with your Google Analytics account it takes max of 24 hours to complete the linking and you won't be able to get Historical data of Adwords in your Analytics data. You will be able to see the data from the date when you have linked your AdWords account with Analytics Account.

Reagrds,
Rupesh Chhabra

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for the reply,
Mine is not a product selling website. But i would like to concentrate more on the clicks. That is why i have inserted the tracking code in landing page. Is it okey with that.
and one more thing i have liked the analytics code with adwords two days back but i am not able to see the analytic report in adwords like bounce rate and behaviour.
one more last doubt is it possible to know from which location did we get the clicks and what is the ip of the visitor.
It would be appreciated if i get the answers.