AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What do boomuserlist:: docvertical: & uservertical:: placements mean?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've recently started several retargeting campaigns, and have seen some strange, new reporting metrics. When I segment my ads reports by keyword/placement, I am seeing almost exclusively keywords/placements of:

Content

boomuserlist::xxxx

docvertical:xxxxx

uservertical::xxxxx

Where the xxx seems to be an almost random number. It seems that I am able to find the placement URLs if I dig down using Google Analytics, but is this normal? 

Any tips on how to refine these placements? My retargeting list (monthly visitors) is not HUGE, so I wasn't planning on really filtering out placements aside from retargeting visitors.

Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What do boomuserlist:: docvertical: & uservertical:: placement

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

Those are:

1) remarketing list (boomuserlist)

2) topics (docvertical)

3) interest categories (uservertical)

Topics have some numbers attached to them, you can see them in the adwords editor. For Interest categories, I think they can be associated as well with those numbers, if they're consecutive.

But if you've included topics and interest categories, other than the remarketing list, you can probably see numbers which make more sense in their respective place in the interface.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

You can see a complete list of topics and user interests, together with their IDs, here. Well, actually, it's a list of topics: user interests are a subset of topics, I don't know if there's a published list containing just user interests.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Igor

Do you know if that list of topics applies to AdWords in all countries / languages?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

To the best of my knowledge, yes. At least, I've never seen anything that would suggest otherwise.