AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What data does the Target CPA algorithm takes? Keywords? Ads?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run most of my campaigns with Target CPA. I'm not sure whether it uses the historical data from the ads or from the keywords I have. If I erase the tracking template from the ads, and the historical data is gone, will it affect my campaigns performance? Or will it take the keyword's historical data instead? Hope you guys can help me with that.

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hugo T,

Target CPA uses historical information from your campaign and contextual signals at the time of the auction to auto place a CPC bid. Because it is concerned with conversions, it looks at more than just keywords. This is how it was explained to me in the past. 

However, to optimize an account, we often make changes that are needed... and so we rely on the AdWords system to adjust accordingly, which it will. Any changes made will affect performance, either good or bad, but to what regard can't really be answered.

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

CPA is a machine learning algorithm. For a good performance of the algorithm have data of many  more conversations than the minimum of 15/30. (I would say at least  100)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’