AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What can I do to update price changes in my ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage an e-commerce site and oftentimes I am faced with the problem of having the ads display a price for an item (ex. $20) and the item price changes in the site.(to $22 for example).

What can I do so that I am notified of the price discrepancy between the ad and the price change? 

Is there anything I can install (ex. API?) to let me know when the price changes in the site from what was displayed in the ad? (Ex. I create an ad advertising $20 for the item, the user clicks and the price had changed to $22).

Thank you.

Re: What can I do to update price changes in my ad?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Jae

Recently, Ad Customizers got introduced in AdWords, this might be a solution for your problem. You would be able to use price "placeholders" (like you do for DKI) and get the values from a spreadsheet. If you update the spreadsheet (with prices) all your ads would be updated with the correct price as well.

Alternative solutions could be AdWords scripts or using the AdWords API directly, this would involve quite a bit more work and technical understanding though.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Ad Customizers can be useful in text ads. You should use Google shopping features for E-commerce website. Automatic item updates feature. This is very common problem with many marketers and Google announced a new feature that is "Automatic item updates" Using this feature, you can automatically update price and availability.

Use proper microdata on landing pages/product pages and enable automatic update on your Google merchant center settings.

For more details follow this link:

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/3246284?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But Ad Customizers is used for shopping, what about automated price updates for text Adwords?