AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What average Ads click through rate (CTR) is good for text ad?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, i would to know what average CTR is good? I fighting to improve CTR our text ads by using different methods in text line of ad, but i don't know what result i can consider good.

We have range of CTR from 0.5% to 6% with average Impression 1500. 

If any body share yours experience, we will so appreciated. 

Thank you.

P.S We understand that each case has specific metrics , but for us interesting average statistic. 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Re: What average Ads click through rate (CTR) is good for text ad?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Vitaly M ! Welcome to the Community !

Since you get also CTR of 6% I am assuming you are using a Search Only Campaign. Please tell me if I am wrong and you are using a Display campaign aswell.

CTR is not so important, if it is above 1-2 % you are doing fine, your clients are attracted by your ads.

What it should concern you is the Conversion Rate, because you can measure it and learn how your visitors make decisions on your website , like buying a product or not.

Just quoting from the help page bellow :

"Conversion Tracking is a free tool that shows you what happens after a customer clicks on your ads -- whether they purchased your product, signed up for your newsletter, or filled out a form to receive more information"

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022

After checking your conversion, you can determine your Return on Investment, simply put :

(Revenue - advertising Cost) / Cost of investment = ROI

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/14090?hl=en

You can try using the ad extensions, learning from here

http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/search.html#tab=extensions

Or you can measure your competition with this tool

http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/competition.html

Good luck and come back to the forum soon to keep us updated with your progress

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Vitaly, as you've said, each case has its own situation and it really isn't possible to say what's good and what's bad.

However, AdWords does provide you with a useful column for checking exactly this if you're looking at the Display Network; it's called "Relative CTR".  Go to your Account and pick a Campaign.  Choose "Customise Columns" and then look for "Competitive metrics".  Click on this and you should see an option to add "Relative CTR".  

Once you've added this column you'll see how your CTR compares to others advertising on the same websites.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

And to pick up from where Jon left it, Vitaly, you can use Auction Insights, to see if anybody is doing better than you for a particular keyword on Search Campaigns. Give that tool a try, I think it's awesome.

Here's the link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for reply Adrian B, i use Search & Display Networks type, but 95% of ad group are text ads and just 5% display ads,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Cobnut, thank you. Now i improving skills in Search Only Campaign but later i will try work more in display network. thank you for advice.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Calin, it's new for me, will try it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.