AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What are the "goals" now of any AdWords Express ads from before "goals" were an option?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords Express now has an required feature to choose a goal from either "call clicks", "website clicks", or "map clicks" when creating a new ad. This did not exist a year ago or so.

So what are older AdWords ads using as their goal? The goal is not listed when editing the ad for older ads, but for newer ads it says what is selected.

1 Expert replyverified_user

What are the "goals" now of any AdWords Express ads from before "goals" were an option?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

Thanks for posting to the Community! I'm checking with our product expert on this and will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Cassie

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonSamfield
January 2017

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

I've just checked with our Product team, and they've confirmed that the new goals set-up in AdWords Express does not currently affect ads created before this interface was rolled out. The team is exploring the possibility of adding an option to choose goals for your existing ads in the future.

Let me know if you have additional questions,
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What "goal" do ads have that were created before this interface was rolled out?

Are they non-specific, so essentially an even hybrid of click/call/map, or something else?

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

To clarify, ads created before the interface rolled out will not have goals assigned to them at this time. However, the team is exploring adding this an option for you in the future.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What "goal" does an ad have if it has no assigned goal?

Is it just tuned for clicks and thus not honed to any particular result like call/website/map?

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate on your question a bit?

As I said above, ads created before the change do not have an assigned goal at all. However, you can still use the available metrics to measure the success of your ad.

Does that help?

Cassie