AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What appeared, default or dynamic keyword in headline?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

With DKI ads, is there a way to find out whether the default headline or the DKI version was displayed?

thanks in advance for your time.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raphael S
September 2015

Re: What appeared, default or dynamic keyword in headline?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Raphael S I've seen this question pop up a few times and regrettably I think the answer is still "no", there's no way to tell.

I think it's safe to assume that as long as your Keywords have a good Quality Score and your dynamic text (Keyword) fits the Ad(s) (in character length limitations, relevance and good grammar) that the dynamic version will be shown quite often, possibly almost all the time, but I don't think there's any way to gather stats.

If you're interested in how valuable your DKI version is, I'd be inclined to run an experiment where you have just two Ads in a Group, one using DKI and the other "static" using the default text of the DKI.  If you set the Campaign to rotate Ads evenly you'll be able to gather performance stats (CTR, primarily) that'll give you a good indication of performance comparison.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raphael S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Raphael S I've seen this question pop up a few times and regrettably I think the answer is still "no", there's no way to tell.

I think it's safe to assume that as long as your Keywords have a good Quality Score and your dynamic text (Keyword) fits the Ad(s) (in character length limitations, relevance and good grammar) that the dynamic version will be shown quite often, possibly almost all the time, but I don't think there's any way to gather stats.

If you're interested in how valuable your DKI version is, I'd be inclined to run an experiment where you have just two Ads in a Group, one using DKI and the other "static" using the default text of the DKI.  If you set the Campaign to rotate Ads evenly you'll be able to gather performance stats (CTR, primarily) that'll give you a good indication of performance comparison.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @Jon_Gritton.

Thanks for your reply. You make some good points, I especially like your suggestion about running an experiment - for now that seems to be the surest way to find out.

Raph