AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What & how to add tags for app installs in GTM for tracking source of install like google adwords/FB

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am running app installation campaign in google adwords. I see huge number of installations in database but i dont receive tracking parameters like source, medium..... which helps in understanding its source. The probable reason given by adwords customer care is missing tags for app. They have advised me to add 'the tag in android app to track the campaigns properly, called as Campaign Attribution'. Can anyone explain me this in simple language as I am not coding professional (dont know even basic html) & give me some example these are the sample tags added in some XYZ app to track sources like Google CPC, Facebook CPC, Bing CPC... etc. Let me know if you need more details from my side. Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

What & how to add tags for app installs in GTM for tracking source of install like google adwords/FB

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Based on your description, I'm not entirely sure what the specific instructions were for you to set up this tracking. However, there are a number of ways you can add additional attribution tracking to your app. Using Firebase Analytics is particularly popular. It does require some set-up on your part, but all of the steps are outlined in the linked guide.

Hope this helps!
Cassie