AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Website call conversions don't work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My name is Kate. I have a question about AdWords call tracking implementation on my website. This is a landing page for my ads http://www.crestnicholson.com/dorridgegate/ The problem is when I click on my ad, the phone number doesn't change to Google forwarding number. I contacted Google support 3 times and every time they told me that implementation was correct (call conversion code is generated at MCC level). The last time Google representative advised to wait for a couple of days to ensure that the campaign accumulated enough clicks, but 2 days after it still doesn't work. Does anybody have any ideas why it may happen?

Many thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website call conversions don't work

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Kate,

It sounds like the advice that the Google representative told you was correct.

The website call tracking feature works the same way as call forwarding numbers. So if you aren't seeing your forwarding number, it may be because Google forwarding numbers may not show with desktop ads if your ad group isn’t getting a minimum number of clicks in a four-week period. Your business phone number will be shown in that case.

You'll need to generate more traffic to your ads to site/ads for the forwarding number to start showing.

Kathleen

Re: Website call conversions don't work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply. We will wait for the required time period and check if it works.

Website call conversions don't work

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

What is the minimum number of clicks needed to be generated before the forwarding number appears on the website?