AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

We have a lot of visits from our adwords but most is fake??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community experts

We track our Analytics into our MS CRM.
I just startet in the company and already now I can see we have a lot of visits from our two Adwords Adds. Problem is it seems to be "fake" visits. All just visit short (like 1 sec) and keywords is absolutly not relevant to us.

More strange is that all visits is past by same reffering host - googleads.g.doubleclick.net

Any one who can help or guide how we block the specific host??

Best regards

Flemming

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: We have a lot of visits from our adwords but most is fake??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

You can block a specific IP address;- would that help?

Exclude IP addresses

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: We have a lot of visits from our adwords but most is fake??

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi FlemmingBaekdal,

"All just visit short (like 1 sec) and keywords is absolutly not relevant to us."

This tells me you are using plain, old broad match as keywords and does not necessarily indicate you are getting "fake" visits. When using broad match, it is very broad and will often produce results (clicks) for completely unrelated search queries.

I suggest you change your broad match terms to BMM (broad match modified). This will eliminate most of those unrelated quirtes from triggering your ad. For BMM, you place a plus sign (+) in front of each keyword in your phrases. You will still get impressions for variations and mispellings, but not for synonyms.

Example:

Broad Match

new black shoes

Broad Match Modifies

+new +black +shoes

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords