AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Way to track form submissions from Google ads

K K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
K K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am pretty new to Adwords and now I need to create my first conversion. So I have an ad campaign running and I need to know how many clicks from my ads create contact form submissions on my website.

What is the best way to do this? I have read the forums and I have Analytics running on the page, but I am unsure whether to create the conversion in Adwords or in Analytics. I only need to be able to see the amount of contact forms people send after clicking my ads. I would like to see these numbers in Analytics, so that they are easy to follow without access to my Adwords account.

I tried to create goals in Analytics before but for some reason I couldn't quite grasp it. Adwords conversions seemed way more simple to create, but I need to be able to see the conversions of my ads in Analytics.

Can someone point me in the right direction for creating these kinds of conversions?

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kalle K,

Please go through the help files to track conversions through form fills.

About conversion tracking

Set up conversion tracking

Set up conversion tracking for your website

To track the Google Analytics goal as conversions in AdWords, you need to link both the accounts and then import the GA Goals into AdWords.

For your reference: Import Analytics goals and transactions into AdWords Conversion Tracking

Comparing Analytics and AdWords conversion metrics

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

K K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
K K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Thank you very much for the links. I think I am now able to create basic conversions in Adwords.

There's just one more thing I would like to know.

I also need to be able to do this in Analytics in some cases, and what I would like to know is that if I create a goal for form submissions in Analytics, can I see the source of the conversion? By this I mean how many contact forms were sent after clicking my ads and how many after organic Google searches.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes, if you have set up goals in GA and importing those in AdWords then you can see the conversion source as Analytics in the conversion tab.

You can also access the Adwords stats in GA, no matter whether the tracking has been set up through AdWords or GA.

Note: Either use AdWords conversion tracking or GA, tracking the same goal with both the sources will make conversion mismatch in the conversion count.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

In my opinion it is always better to set up the goal tracking in Analytics and then import that goal back as a conversion into AdWords - the main reason is that it's good to compare the conversion rates of different traffic sources - so, for example, if you were seeing a 1% conversion rate from Adwords, but a 20% conversion rate from organic traffic, that would be a massive red flag.