AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Way to download aggrigated traffic data by device?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Is there a way to download the "Total - all campaigns" breakdown for mobile? i.e. Computers, Mobile devices with full browsers, Tablets with full browsers. It is the same breakdown you see when you segment by devices and then go to the very bottom and click on the plus sign for "Total - all campaigns".

When I try to get this data, the Excel file only gives me the "Total - all campaigns" (in the Excel file it is the last row and called "Total") and not the breakdowns for each device that I need. I ended up using a pivot table to get the same information, but that gets cumbersome because you have to use calculated fields for things like CTR and Cost/Conv etc. When trying to compare across time (awesome new feature btw) it just takes too long to do all those calculated fields.

I'm afraid that there is no solution, but I thought I would toss it out there and see if anyone has a good idea on how to get this and/or a good work around.

Re: Way to download aggrigated traffic data by device?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Joe,

Are you saying you're wanting:
All campaigns - Desktops
All campaigns - Mobile
All campaigns - Tablets

Instead of:
Campaign 1 - Desktops
Campaign 1 - Mobile
Campaign 1 - Tablets

Campaign 2 - Desktops
Campaign 2 - Mobile
Campaign 2 - Tablets

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes. It is broken out for me on the web, but the downloaded version doesn't include it, from what I saw.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joe R
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Joe,

Yep the reporting (the downloaded report) should pull what you see in the interface breaks the device data down by campaign and doesn't aggregate cross-account.

I can definitely pass along the idea for you, if that's a data point that you would find helpful.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
That would be very helpful to have that data broken down in the download, if I already have it broken down in the interface. I expected it to work like "compare dates." If I have clicked on the plus sign, then I expected to have that data in the download.

Thanks for passing the feedback along.