AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Want Advise Related To My PPC Campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Members,

I am running a PPC campaign for one of my Australian site. While reviewing the analytics data for an entire month. I was surprise to see that most of the my paid visit was coming from developing country like Bangladesh, India, Pakistan etc.

I cross check my campaign setup in Adword and found that my I have setup Geographical specification restriction to Australia only. So my add must not be shown in another country. But this is not the case.

I cross check with my team mate living in India, They were able to see the ADS in Google search.Even recently I was on tour ofIndonesia, I was surprise to see that Google was displaying the ads while searching for the particular keywords which I have targeted for the site.

So my question is:

Is there any mistake from my side that my search ADS are shown in all the countries?

OR

Google doesn't provide any facility to setup a campaign for a particular region or country.

My third point of view is:

This is happening as my keyword format is like [Keyword + city/country name]

So when I types in [Keyword + City/Country Name], Google will shows my ADS in the entire world and didn't provide any restrictions.

I hope expert from the community or person from Google will be able to address the problem I am facing and help me out.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Want Advise Related To My PPC Campaign

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alex
Change your location advanced setting to People in my targeted location only setting. If will trigger people who are physically located in your country only.
Otherwise you can exclude countries from where you don't want traffic.

Abhishek
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello, Alex.

Most likely, in your campaign settings, in the Location Options (Advanced) section, the checked option is "Target people in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location". Make sure you switch that to "People in my targeted location".

Here's the documentation on this feature: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

Is this the case?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Alex,
Google determine location by two ways:
1- Physical location through IP address and device location
2- location of interest:- if some one includes the name of location within in search term, this will trigger your ad to show even the person isn't physically located in this place, so it's normal that your ad shows in India or any country when one include your location+keyword.
check this topic to know more about how ads are matched to locations:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453995?hl=en

If you want only to reach people in your target location you can change your default advanced location option from:
“Reach people in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location”
to
"Reach people in my targeted location"
check the next link to read more about advanced location option and how to change it:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex L
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Alex,

In addition to excellent responses above, I would just like to update you that location targeting became much broader with the changes in Adwords and the official announcement was made last year October about that change: http://adwords.blogspot.com/2013/10/improvements-to-location-targeting-for.html

However, to restrict as suggested above, you should use the advanced location settings.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj