AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

WCM Number element should not contain markup. Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to set up a Call Tracking number. But when I check the tag I get the following error. 

WCM Number element should not contain markup.

Not sure how to fix this? 

The code is:

<div class="feature-box-info"> <a href="x" class="mb-xs mt-xlg mr-xs btn btn-headwire btn-lg btn-primary number"><i class="fa fa-phone"></i> &nbsp;<span class="number">1-614-337-0062</span></a> </div>

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Were you following this guide from the Help Center when setting up your code for website call tracking?

Cassie 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

Yes I did read and follow those instructions. But am not sure how the fix the error. I am looking for guidance on maybe an example of the WCM Number properly formatted.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

The article I linked does have examples of how to set up the code manually on your website, under the section "Edit website code manually to display a Google forwarding number." It sounds like you may have deviated from that example, which may have caused the error.

If you've double checked your code against the one listed on our Help Center, feel free to share your website here and we can have the technical team take a look.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I think I have the code set up using example #1, but it would be wonderful if your team could help me fix the error. The website is:

http://www.wiredtothemax.com

The phone number is on the index.html page.

Thanks Jeff

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your patience on this. Our technical team just took a look, and they found that although Tag Assistant is showing the error, the code looks to be working correctly and replacing the phone number on your website.

As a next step, they would need you to do a test conversion by actually clicking on one of your ads and seeing if the phone number on your website gets replaced. If it does not, please let me know here.

Cassie