AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Visit from Deleted & (Not Set) Campaign

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Why am I getting visited from paused/deleted campaing in Alaytic. It also show visits from (not set) campaign. What does it means?

you can see screenshot here- http://i48.tinypic.com/2zh07d3.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Visit from Deleted & (Not Set) Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Anil,

Have you manually tagged your Destination URLs?
(not set) means that Analytics has not been able to pull your data from that URL.
You could use auto tagging.. personally, I've seen better results(lesser notset data) in analytics with Auto tagging Smiley Happy

Also, for your visits from a deleted campaign.. are you sure you are seeing the correct date range?
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Shweta for response.
Yes, I am using auto tagging that's why other campaign name are showing. see the image url.
Also, I have check the deleted campaign date range.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

I could relate this data discprepancy to the way how Adwords cookie differs from Analytics cookie. Read this quoted from Google Analytics help center which says:

"A campaign tracking cookie remains for six months after a visitor clicks on your AdWords ad. If the visitor returns to your website within those six months, Google Analytics credits the visit to the original campaign. In such cases, you can expect to see more visits than clicks."

This should clarify the first part about your paused/deleted campaign.

For 2nd part, not set is shown if Google Analytics cookie is not able to attribute the visit to your Adwords campaign and hence shows the data as not set. Another reason could be the presence of redirects in your website due to which cookie information getting lost etc... You can also read this article for more insights.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj.. I like your explanation Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Glad to know that I could help Anil Smiley Happy