AdWords
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Viewing engagement by demographics in True view ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hellow everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone knew how to view engagement on Youtube video ads broken down by age group? Like, being able to see if most of the earned views came from 18-24 year-olds. 

I was able to see the percentage viewed broken down by age demographics using filters but when I try it with engagement I get an error. Is this even possible? I think it's important because knowing that a certain age group watches a video more than another doesn't tell me how they feel about what they're watching. 

Example: 

If I have 100 views from 18-24 year-olds and 200 views from 25-34 year-olds and 20 earned views, those earned views could have come from either group. I'd like to know which one. Thanks for your help. 

Re: Viewing engagement by demographics in True view ads.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Shawn F

That's a good question.  I normally don't go for engagement with my video campaigns, so it's not something I've ever thought about. I checked on the Adwords side, as well as YouTube analytics and I did not see a way to do it.

This won't help you with your current data set, but there is an easy workaround going forward.

You can duplicate your adgroups as many times as you need to create a hard demographic target setting for each one with everything else being the same.  This way you know whatever results you see apply to that demographic only.  Depending on how complex your other targeting methods are, you might want to consider doing this on the campaign level.