AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

ViewThrough Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I track ViewThrough Conversions? Is there a report in AdWords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ViewThrough Conversions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi David,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, there's a column for View Through Conversions you can add from columns>customise columns>conversions. Here's a nice discussion about View Through conversions on our community.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

Sumanth explained the right path where you can find View through conversion. But some metrics helps you understand the view through conversion better way:

For a view-through conversion search to occur, the user must completes these steps:
1. User sees a display image or rich media ad on the display network, but does not click on it.
2. User completes a conversion on your site.
Note: View-through conversions automatically exclude conversions from people who’ve also clicked your Search ads.

Conversions that have a preceding click (on search or display network) are no longer attributed to a view-through conversion, even if the converting user viewed a display ad before conversion. Instead, these are reported as click-through conversions in the many-per-click conversion column. This ensures that view-through conversions are strictly extra conversions that are driven by view-throughs on your display spend and are not already accounted in the conversion metrics.

Let us know if you have any questions about this or want to know more about implementing conversion tracking in your AdWords account.

--
Thanks,
Jitender

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sumanth, Thank you...very helpful. I appreciate and value you. I saw the number of view through conversions. Is there a way to see a running total of the revenue generated by the ViewThrough conversations?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Jitender, Thank you so taking the time to elaborating on how view-through conversions work. I truly appreciate and value you. Is there a report that tracks the total revenue the view-through conversations?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Good question, David!

Segmenting conversion values based on the nature of conversion (converted clicks/conversions/view through) isn't yet available unfortunately.

You can work this out yourself, if conversion value is the same for every conversion. If there are 10 VTCs (View Through conversions) for instance, 10 X value of each conversion would give you the revenue generated by VTCs. However, please note that such a calculation wouldn't be applicable if every conversion has a different value, like a shopping cart for instance.

Hope that clarifies Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sumanth, Thank you. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to share you knowledge with me.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Glad I could help Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
David, Welcome any time....As sumanth explained no any way to track value of view through conversion by adwords on e-commerce website. I'll suggest you If you are running ecommerce website & want to track View through conv. value then implement a data base or CRM tracking by assign a value to your paid traffic or source path with help of your developer.
Thanks, Jitender