AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

View through conversions through Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two methods of tracking within my Adwords account - 1) Transactions pulled from Google Analytics 2) Conversion page views through the Adwords pixel. I track based on Converted Clicks because Conversions will double count. Now that Adwords is removing Converted Clicks, if I remove the Adwords pixel from my Conversions, will I still be able to see View-Through Conversions within Adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: View through conversions through Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Eva,

Please ensure that you have the goal set up in Google Analytics account and this goal needs to be imported in the AdWords account to tracks the conversions in the AdWords account.

Else, you can also make changes to your conversion tracking by editing the conversion count settings from "every" to "one".
This will count only 1 conversion even if one ad click leads to 3 purchases(example).

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Eva,

Firstly: Yes, View through conversions would not impact if you are removing Adwords conversion pixel from the account.

Secondly, you don't need to remove Adwords pixel if you don't want to double count your conversion. You can just unselect the "Include in Conversion" Option in the Account conversion setting of your Adwords pixel related conversion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Since I've included both under account Conversions, does this mean my view-through conversions have been double counted so far?

Thanks,