AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

View-through conversion data and click-through conversion data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All

My question is related to View-through conversion data and click-through conversion data. In AdWords we find definition of view through and click through conversions as :- 

A view-through conversion happens when a customer sees an image or rich media ad, then later completes a conversion on your site. This is different from a click-through conversion, which happens when a customer had previously clicked on an ad (such as on the Google Search or the Google Display Network) and then completed a conversion on your site.

And my First question is that what will happen if a visitor sees an ad on google display network but do not click and later he converts by seeing ad on search network or directly visits the website and converts or he sees our another ad on other search engine like on bing and converts will there be any view through conversion ?

My Second Question is is related to click through conversion data, what if a user sees and click our ad on display network or vice versa he sees our ad on search network and click but converts after clicking ad on display network or directly visiting the website, or clicking the ad bing network, will there be any click through conversion ?

Kindly guide me soon...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: View-through conversion data and click-through conversion data

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Roshan,

With respect to question 1:
Yes there will still be a view through conversion, as long as no click occurred on one of your ads then a 'view' of your add will be awarded a view through conversion. (provided it falls within the conversion window)

With respect to question 2:
Yes there will be a click through conversion. The last click on your ad will be awarded a conversion if the user comes back at a later stage and converts. This only applies during your conversion window (this is set at the conversion creation, and changed on the conversion page). If there is more than one click on different ads, then the ads that followed previously will be awarded a click-assisted conversion.

Let me know if any of this is unclear.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes i still have some confusion related to what will happen if a user converts after directly visiting our website or converts after viewing our ad on other platform like on bing or affiliate or on social media ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Roshan,

And my First question is that what will happen if a visitor sees an ad on google display network but do not click and later he converts by seeing ad on search network or directly visits the website and converts or he sees our another ad on other search engine like on bing and converts will there be any view through conversion ?

AdWords attributes the conversion to the last click based on Last Click Attribution model. Hence in this case, conversion could be attributed to the last ad clicked on Search network.

My Second Question is is related to click through conversion data, what if a user sees and click our ad on display network or vice versa he sees our ad on search network and click but converts after clicking ad on display network or directly visiting the website, or clicking the ad bing network, will there be any click through conversion ?

Remember that in AdWords, last ad clicked will get the benefit of conversion if it has happened. So the recent click will get the benefit and AdWords is going to attribute the conversion to that click.

More details around this are here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

In both the cases, I am not talking about Bing network because that might have some other attribution model and we are on AdWords Community.

I would suggest you to read details around the Attribution model here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1665189

Pankaj