AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

View though conversions from which lead form??

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone,

Q. How can I know which lead form was filled up when it was a view-through-conversion?

Details: I have 19 1per-click convs. and 15 VTC from Remarkting campaign.

Conversions.jpg

Reason I am asking this question:

I have 3 type of lead forms of varying importance on my website and have setup 3 different conversons on Adwords for them.

Click Through leads are easily visible beside conversion pages. How can I figure it out for VTC as these do not get listed on converison tab on Adwords interface. 

Re: View though conversions from which lead form??

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
My question is just getting views but no response Smiley Sad Please tell me if I have not not made it clear.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Rohit,

In the screenshot the metric measured is Many-per-click conversions.

View-through conversions is a metric not included in 1-per-click Conversions or Many-per-click-Conversions.

This metric is incremented when a sequence of 2 actions happened :

1) A user viewed an image Ad in the GDN, so an impression in the GDN from a banner occured for him &

2) The same user in a 30 days time frame arrived to your site and completed a conversion ( meaning they accesed the lead "thank you page" for example) no matter from what sources organic/referral/paid.

The decisions that a View-through can help you make are :

1) What banner is influencing conversions indirectly , because it is preceding a conversion from whatever source

2) What placement is influencing conversions indirectly, even if that placement in particular did not trigger many-per-click conversions from clicks

You can have a blank banner with no message in it and it still has the potential of having View through conversions , because by chance a user who converts at some point is exposed to the banner.

More than this, an impression count for the first condition of incrementing a view-through can occur even if the banner is not on the screen so there is no real conditioning between "receving an impression from a banner" and "converting from a whatever source" .

To make a real life comparison imagine that you drive daily on a highway and you "get an impression" from a side-banner from that high-way , back and forth for 20 days. Now you have 40 impressions from that banner. From whatever reason in day 25 you buy from the store advertised in that high-way banner. Does it mean that you bought because you have been influenced by the high-way banner or not ?

Last note : for text ads in the GDN this metric is not incremented .

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Adrain, But my question is still unanswered. I am aware about 1/click, many/click & VTCs. Please forget everything I wrote above.

1. Suppose, Your website has 2 forms (A & B) and 2 thank-you pages.
2. You are running one search campaign & one remarketing campaign
3. You got 10 leads and 10 VTC at the end of the month.
4. Now, what if I ask you that give me the number of times form A & B was filled.

I think this time my question is crystal clear Smiley Wink

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rohit K
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"Now, what if I ask you that give me the number of times form A & B was filled."

How are your conversions counted, do you import Goals from analytics or use the AdWords conversion code on the thank you pages ?

If you want to know for example how many VTCs has a placement for each of your 2 conversion types , go to the placements tab, click on "Segment" and select Conversions / Conversion action name ( or the newer Conversion name). Rearrange the columns Many-per-click, 1-per-click and View-through conversions side-by-side .

You can also draw some conclusions about conversions and VTCs from the last phrase from here (message 13) :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/View-through-conversions/m-p/205514/highlight/tru...

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Further clarification : currently VTCs have deduplication enabled so they are not incremented for conversions originating in Search campaigns.

This is why from your scenario it is important to view how many of those 10 leads are recorded in the Search Campaign and how many in the Remarketing campaign.

A sample scenario :

- let's say that you use AdWords conversion tracking on all the thank you pages.

- you have 10 many-per-click conversions in the search campaign and zero in the Remarketing campaign, but still placements from the Remarketing campaign recorded 10 VTC. This indicates that 10 conversions occured from organic/referral sources which triggered the conversion code from the thank you pages so in this case you can say you have 10 leads from search and 10 leads from non-paid sources.

- if you have 5 many-per-click conversions in the search campaign, 5 in the remarketing campaign and 10 VTCs in the remarketing campaign you do cannot really tell anymore if those 10 VTCs influenced 5 conversions from remarketing and 5 organic or 2 from remarketing and 8 organic.

To find out how many times the leads originated from non-paid sources you will have to use analytics and goals.

At least this is my opinion. If anyone more experienced wants to assist on this topic, please do.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Further clarification :

In your scenario we have to see how many of those 10 conversions are from the Search campaign, because VTCs have deduplication enabled so VTCs are not incremented when a user converts from Search , even if they have previously received an image Ad impression from remarketing.

Scenario 1 :

You could be having 10 conversions recorded in the Search campaign, 0 (zero) recorded in the Remarketing campaign and 10 VTCs.This means that those 10 VTCs are clearly triggered by non-paid visits. This also means "You had at least 20 completions of the thank you pages" , because there is the unknown variable of "how many times the "thank you pages" were completed from organic sources without a preceeding paid Ad impression.

You could be having another 100 organic conversions from users who were never exposed to your image ads from your remarketing campaign. This you can see by measuring Goals in Google Analytics.

Scenario 2 :

Let's say you have 5 conversions from the Search campaign and 5 from the Remarketing campaign.

In this case your 10 VTCs cannot be clearly linked to the 5 conversions from the Remarketing campaign. For example 3 VTCs could have been incremented because 3 remarketing conversions occured after an Ad impression and other 7 VTCs could have been incremented because 7 organic conversions occured after an Ad impression.

The total here could be :

- 5 conversions from search

- 5 conversions from remarketing

- 10 organic conversions preceded by a paid Ad impression ( the 10 VTC)

- and X organic/referral conversions not counted either by adwords or VTCs

or

- 5 conversions from search

- 5 conversions from remarketing ( overlaping with 5 VTCs)

- 5 other organic conversions preceded by a paid Ad impression ( the other 5 VTC)

and X organic/referral conversions not counted either by adwords or VTCs