AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

View single conversion rates by ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have 2 conversion goals in my account and I want to see how my ads are doing for each goal individually. How can I filter this in AdWords. 

For example: I have a registration sign-up goal and a purchase goal. I want to see if different ads are driving different total conversions and conversions rate for each goal. I would like to say ad1 drives more registrations while ad2 drives more purchases, this way I can optimize accordingly. 

I don't see the option in the custom columns and was wondering if there is another way.

Let me know.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: View single conversion rates by ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Union,

If you go the Dimensions tab and then click on the View: drop down menu you will see Conversions, if you then move across you can select Conversion name to get a breakdown of each different type.

Let me know if you'd like a screenshot to help out.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This does not show me a breakdown of conversions name by ad. Can you please show me a screenshot of this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Union,

I guess, you were trying to see ad copy and your conversion name side by side. Am I correct?

As long as you want to do this in AdWords, you need to create separate ad groups for your two different Goals/Conversions. Since Dimension does allow only Campaign and Ad Group as "Level of Detail" , you can't see an ad copy against a conversion name over there. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned by ScottyD above. And then, make sure you click on "Columns > Customize Columns > Level of Detail > Ad group (Add). Then use Filter to see the Ad groups that you wanna measure against Conversion Name.

If this won't suffice, you can go back to Google Analytics and make sure you have created two Goals for two of your conversion actions. After that, go to Acquisition > AdWords > Keywords and select Ad Content as primary dimension. And then, under Explorer tab select the Goal Set(s) that contains your Goals in case. The Conversion Rate metric for each goal will show up automatically on that report. (All this could happen provided your AdWords and Analytics View are linked and you are using auto-tagging)

Please let me know if I am able to understand your problem correctly and if the solution helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, was wondering if you had tried using Add Segments > Conversions > Conversion Name under Ads tab

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Union,

If you want to download the Ads Performance for particular goals. Just go to the Ads tab and then click on Segement---> Conversions---->Conversion Name or Category by this way you would be able to download the ads performance for particular goal in adwords.

Regards,
Rupesh