AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

View Through Conversion Details Not Matching Google Analytics Transaction Details

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

In my AdWords account, I see 5 view-through conversions (tracking successful transactions) that occurred last month. I created a report in AdWords to see the city, device and date that the view-through conversions are associated with so I can match up the details with transactions in Google Analytics.

I can't find a perfect match, though. The conversion date is 9/7 which I know is the last impressions of the ad that the user saw before converting, so in GA, I'm only looking at transaction data from 9/7-9/30. I do not see any transactions in GA that came from the city that AdWords is reporting. Finally, all 5 view-through conversions are associated with the same city, device & date so it looks like this was a purchase of 5 items at once. Looking at quantities in GA, the only one with 5 is associated with a different city and device than what the view-throughs are associated with in AdWords.

The only thing I can think of is that someone viewed the ad in a different city and on a different device than they ended up completing the transaction on. Does anyone have any different thoughts or insights?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: View Through Conversion Details Not Matching Google Analytics Transaction Details

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sarah B sorry for the delay in replying.

I'd search before 9/7.  It's quite possible that there was more than one view that assisted the conversion.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits