AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Video adwords, had 1000 views so far, 0 likes, 0 comments...Help?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I just started using adwords for video last night. Had 295 views with 20 likes and 9 comments.

Now since I started using video adwords I had 1,000 views but 0 likes and 0 comments. All of them were from 

the in-search , in-video ads meaning people actually had to click on them to get to see it. 

How is this any different from buying fake views? People are now sending me messages saying why am I faking views?

The odds of 1000 people not liking/unliking or commenting is insane considering 295 people did it 29 times before adwords.

Help?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Video adwords, had 1000 views so far, 0 likes, 0 comments...Help?!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

I do not have first hand experience with AdWords for Video, but in theory getting 1000 clicks from people who clicked just because they could, watched 5-10 seconds and clicked the back button is not something to be too surprised about.

Do you have information with regards to the time these 1000 visitors watched your video for?

And did you target "everybody" on youtube, so your ads could be shown to anyone?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Calin,

Cheers for the response. No, I specified targeted my market so it is not everybody.

The video in itself is very interesting and is essentially begging for people to ask questions as it is a Youtube Network promo.

From the demographics, a lot of people watched over 50% of it, which is more than I can say for most videos I have come across.

These statistics are just redicilous and appear like I just botted my video.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry for not being able to help. However, if not many have viewed it until the end, the chances of seeing comments or likes are slim, in my opinion. I know of many blog articles, for instance, which are read by many people, yet they do not attract any comment. Not even a "nice post".

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the sme issue. Only views but no likes, no comments, no dislikes as well. With 30 views I got more comments than with 300 views with Adwords. Tricky

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You have posted in someone's help thread that is from way back in the past (2013).

This thread is now closed to new replies.

If you need assistance please make a new thread with relevant information about your specific needs with AdWords. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you for your understanding.