AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Video Campaign- Targeting diff Network

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

HI, I have a youtube video campaign with 2 groups as below

1- Display = Targeting ( demographic+display network keywords)

2- Search = targeting (demographic+Youtube search keywords)

I assume that 1st group "Display" will show ads near/around/in video ads on youtube or display networds and 2nd group "Search" will show my video ads only when someone search on youtube with my keywords.

If that is true. then I have confusion understating below data. please explain

I have segmented "data by network"

youtube.png

in "Search"group, I see hige impression on "youtube video network. I think it should contain data only for "youtube search".

After segmenting data by format, I got below details:

youtube1.png 

Any Idea?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Video Campaign- Targeting diff Network

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Anil,

Thanks for this post. This information was very helpful. There are 2 things we can check when we are troubleshooting the video campaign. 

1. Which ad format are you using?

For your search campaign, you are using 2 ad formats: In-search and In-display. For your display campaign, you are just using In-display

2. What type of targeting are you using?

If you use Target people who are searching as your targeting option, the In-search ads are the only ad format that will run, using the keyword list. 

If you use the option to Target people watching content, you will be defaulted to show your ads to all viewers which you can then limit by choosing specific demographics and specific ad formats.  

(You can click here to find out how to check both of these options)

Looking at the information you have provided, it would seem that you stuck with the Target people watching content option. This works fine for your display campaign because you only have the In-display format. Because of these settings, you are correct in your understanding that your ads will appear on, near or around videos on YouTube on video content on the display network.

It looks like your search campaign is not performing the way that you expected. I suspect this is because you have multiple ad formats in that campaign including an In-display ad format. In order to only show your ads when someone searches on YouTube, you will want to stick with the In-search ad format and also think about limiting your targeting to only Target people who are searching.