AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Video Ad "x" views and "y" website clicks, in Billing .... "x" clicks

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I noticed that for TrueView where I recorded "x" views but much less "y" website clicks , the billing tab now shows me the exact count of views as billed "clicks" .

How am I supposed to justify the much less real "y" website clicks when the billing tab shows me an inflated number for "clicks" when these actually seem to mean "views" ?

Am I misinterpreting the "clicks" from the billing tab ?

Did anyone see billed "views" in their billing tab, because this is what paying for video Ads is, views ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Video Ad "x" views and "y" website clicks, in

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes I am running a True View campaign.

In the billing tab it showing clicks. However; the numbers are matching to the views in performance tab.

Hence; we are charged based on CPV. However, when it comes to billing tab it shows clicks instead of views.

Regards,
Gokuldas K

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adrian,

I think the true view campaign is running in CPV model. So, obviously we will get billed as per the view's.

Views are number of people who watched the video and clicks are the number of people who clicked on the Ad.

Hope this will help

Thanks,
Gokuldas K

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"So, obviously we will get billed as per the view's."

Thanks for the opinion , but I am getting billed by "clicks" instead of views and this is very confusing for the client, mainly because the reported clicks are much less than the views.

So far my understanding is that there is a problem with the billing reporting, because it writes clicks instead of "views" for the video campaigns.

I must mention that I am currently running only In-stream Ads so the payment is really by view when a person reaches 30 seconds from the video, not by click on the video as it happens for example for the In-Search Ads where there is no condition to pay after some seconds of "view".

I am curious : Did you run trueview in-stream ads and you got "views" in the billing tab ? If yes, maybe I can find out what to setup to report "views" in the billing instead of the wonderfully confusing "clicks".

Thank you 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes I am running a True View campaign.

In the billing tab it showing clicks. However; the numbers are matching to the views in performance tab.

Hence; we are charged based on CPV. However, when it comes to billing tab it shows clicks instead of views.

Regards,
Gokuldas K

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, so I am not alone in this situation Smiley Happy I suppose there is no setting to change to show views in the billing tab as it should and the client is left with the information that they are being billed for free stuff as described in the info bubble of the "website clicks" Smiley Happy

Amusing , what can I say.... I hope they fix it soon

video-clicks-are-free.png

Thank you very much Gokuldas for the confirmation and support

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes they have to fix this ASAP.

You are welcome Adrian!