AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Value track and custom parameters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

My questions in regards to in relation to Valuetrack parameters and custom parameters.

I want to append (dynamically as much as possible) to my destination URL the following parameters:

1. AD ID
  2. Placement
  3. Country (ISO code – 2 characters)
  4. Language (ISO code – 2 characters)
  5. Age
  6. Gender

By just using the value track parameters I get the AD ID and the placement (current setup: {lpurl}?adid={creative}&placement={placement}), but that still leaves me with the country, language, age and gender.

There is a value track available for country, but that just provides me with an ID and not the ISO code. So I’ve started adding them in the custom parameters (see screenshot below), but I still coming up short 2 custom parameters

I’ve requested Google to whitelist me for 5 custom parameters, but they don’t know yet if that’s possible. I was wondering if there is a way to do this without manual use a concatenate of the country, language, age and gender in the custom parameters?

And if it’s not through Google is there perhaps a third-party solution that can help me with this?

So to sum up my questions are:

1. Is there a way to get all the parameters I need in my tracking template through Google?
  2. If not is it possible is there a third-party solution that can help me out?
  3. If I use my tracking template like this will it disenable my auto tagging for GA? I’ve read something about other threads about this, but the answer wasn’t clear for me.

Many thanks,
Bram

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bram D
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Bram.

I'll briefly answer your questions.

1) No.

2) No.

3) No. The GCLID parameter gets appended to your URL, next to your other parameters.

As I've said (https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Is-there-a-ValueTrack-param...) some time ago, ValueTrack does not provide you with user-specific data.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bram D
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Bram.

I'll briefly answer your questions.

1) No.

2) No.

3) No. The GCLID parameter gets appended to your URL, next to your other parameters.

As I've said (https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Is-there-a-ValueTrack-param...) some time ago, ValueTrack does not provide you with user-specific data.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adwiser, 

Not the answers I was hoping for (well at least the first 2), but thank you!

Bram