AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Value Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone tell me the difference between Value Tracking & Manual Tagging?

They both use codes in URLs. Then how they differ each other in functionality.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Value Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kanishtha,

Were you dissatisfied with the responses you received here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results-use-Analytics/Tracking-URL/m-p/28157#M1319?

As @Rball stated on the last thread, ValueTrack is a method of manual tagging.  I'm not sure that there is an answer to your question.

Perhaps it would be best to explain what you are working on and what you are hoping to accomplish and then folks will chime in on some options for you.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kanishtha,

Please refer below links....

Value Tracking and Manual Tagging.

Hope this helps !!

Regards

-Vicky

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

1. Manual tagging : WIth this campaign click data is captured inside analytics as well as you can use the same to capture in 3rd party systems but doesnt provide you with as much data as valuetrack. This doesnt capture the cost data in analytics.

2. Valu track: Doesnt capture data in analytics and is meant for capturing data in 3rd party systems like CRM or Lead manageement system.

3. Autotagging: This captures the data in analytics with cost data and doesnt help in capturing data for 3rd party systems

You can not use all 3 in following combinations

1. Auto tagging only
  2. Manual Analytics tagging
  3. Value Track manual tagging only
  4. Value Track manual tagging and auto tagging
  5. Value Track manual tagging and manual analytics tagging
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. Now i am clear about this topic.

theniks wrote:

Hi

1. Manual tagging : WIth this campaign click data is captured inside analytics as well as you can use the same to capture in 3rd party systems but doesnt provide you with as much data as valuetrack. This doesnt capture the cost data in analytics.

2. Valu track: Doesnt capture data in analytics and is meant for capturing data in 3rd party systems like CRM or Lead manageement system.

3. Autotagging: This captures the data in analytics with cost data and doesnt help in capturing data for 3rd party systems

You can not use all 3 in following combinations

1. Auto tagging only
  2. Manual Analytics tagging
  3. Value Track manual tagging only
  4. Value Track manual tagging and auto tagging
  5. Value Track manual tagging and manual analytics tagging

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
Just a qúestion for clarification here - one can use auto-tagging AND value track manual tagging at the same time?