AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Value Track

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

i'm working on ecommerce website. can any one tell me, is there any worth using value track? coz we already have google analytics to get more granular data. and if yes then how? where we get the value track data if we use the parameters to our destination url.

Shazen Khan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shazen
September 2015

Re: Value Track

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

It really depends on your goals

value track is largely used for 3rd party sofrwares like crm or in some cases ecommerce websites.

Here are things you should consider about value track and google analytics

1. Value track data doesnt reflect in analytics, you have to have a custom coded program to gather this information

2. If you are using google with ecom tracking    that should be enough for an ecom store.

3. I would suggest you should use ecom tracking instead of value track

Hope it helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello. In my opinion, it is not about using everything that is available to you, and trying to find a use case for them, but rather the other way around. If you have e-commerce situations when you need more data than Analytics currently provides you with then you should try and find ways of implementing a system which can gather / present that data to you.

Sorry for not answering your question.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi calin, 

okay no probs.. but could you tell me one thing??? where can i get the value track data.. is it in analytics itself or somewhere else...

Shazen 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi. ValueTrack parameters are parameters which you can include in your ads' destination URLs and then you'll either see them in your Landing Pages reports or, if you process them on your server, you'll have them there.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shazen
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

It really depends on your goals

value track is largely used for 3rd party sofrwares like crm or in some cases ecommerce websites.

Here are things you should consider about value track and google analytics

1. Value track data doesnt reflect in analytics, you have to have a custom coded program to gather this information

2. If you are using google with ecom tracking    that should be enough for an ecom store.

3. I would suggest you should use ecom tracking instead of value track

Hope it helps

Regards, Nik

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks calin Smiley Happy

Thanks nik for providing me a detailed and better solution. Smiley Happy

Shazen 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@theniks wrote:

Hey, Nik. I beg to differ on this one, I see URL parameters in my landing pages report, and can filter by them. Unless you exclude them in your Analytics settings, they are there. That's how I track, for instance, sitelink clicks.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI AdWiser

I am sorry and yes i agree with you I didnt realize that Smiley Happy

I should have rater said value track is better used with 3rd party systems rather than GA. for GA best way is to go for ecom tracking or autotagging

Regards, Nik

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

No worries, I simply wanted to point out that Google Analytics can deal with URL parameters (such as ValueTrack) all by itself.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Adwiser - are you saying that you have been able to use the sitelink valutrack to change the destination URL, so you could see how specific sitelink pages work? I was under the impression that all of the data got overwritten by the GA cookie, so I never bothered adding tracking parameters.