AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Value Track & Internal Linking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We've implemented the ValueTrack parameters to pull through 'placement' and 'target' data.  We also have our own internal tracking system, so therefore assign individual id's to our ad sets.  We're now seeing the placement/target information in Analytics, but not our internal system.  

We are using a "sub_id" parameter for the internal linking, however this has only pulled one value so far, the number "37" which is not much help

The URL format we have is the following, with the first tracking sections being our internal links;

/?tracking=k123456wd&sub_id&placement={placement}&target={target}

If anyone has had a similar experience and can shed any light we'd be very grateful!

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Value Track & Internal Linking

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Georgina W,

If you're example is accurate, the sub_id has not been assign a value. I suspect that might not be the problem. Check your destination URL's again. "sub_id" should be followed by an equals sign (=) and a value. Something like this:

/?tracking=k123456wd&sub_id=1234&placement={placement}&target={target}

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Georgina,

It'll be quite difficult to help with this as the issue appears to lie with the internal tracking system. Have you checked with the providers? Or do they have a Help Forum?

Alternatively, as you mentioned, if anyone out there on the Community has experienced something similar and is able to provide some advice, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks! 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Georgina W,

If you're example is accurate, the sub_id has not been assign a value. I suspect that might not be the problem. Check your destination URL's again. "sub_id" should be followed by an equals sign (=) and a value. Something like this:

/?tracking=k123456wd&sub_id=1234&placement={placement}&target={target}

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pete,

I've just updated the destination URLs with our internal ID so hopefully that will sort it out!

Cheers

Georgina