AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using ad ID for reporting

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

For those of you who use dynamic values in your URLs - I was wondering how you use the ad ID value (comes as {creative}).

I know I can find the ads which bring the best revenue, but I can't really conclude that these ads have the best copy because it all depends on what KW they came from.

How can I get some useful info out of this variable?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using ad ID for reporting

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Are you looking for ValueTrack URL tagging?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I'm refering to value track parameters.

Once you get the ad ID - how do you make the most of it? What analysis do you use it for?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Do you have the ID column showing on your Ads dashboard? Go into your AdWords account, navigate to the Ads tab, and select the columns dropdown to add the ID column to your dash.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Value track parameters are mostly used for integrating adwords data in to 3rd party systems for tracking. This is especially useful when leads are collected online but conversions happen offline in sectors like real estate, education, to some extent banking. 

You can pass on parameters which in your case is {creative} which returns id of creative. You can capture this in your systems and if your conversions are happening offline then you can track back those to any of the parameters to know which parameter like keyword or creative is giving you better conversions. 

There are lots of other ways to use this the above mentioned is one of the most common ways to use value track

Hope this makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I'm not even sure you need that variable in the URL. For any search term report you can append the Ad Id and download it.

Combine it with an ad report and you can look at the whole picture: search term -> Ad -> Landing page, and see (if you have enough time), what works best.

The Search Terms / Ad pairs can be judged in terms of CTR, and the whole trio in terms of conversions, if you want.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks guys, you were very hepful.

I'm also not sure if this parameter is worth all the work involved in analyzing it... Smiley Happy