AdWords
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using account level Tracking template for Universal App Campaign (URGENT)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

If I set up a 3rd party tracking template under:

Shared library ->URL options->Tracking template

Will this also track clicks and\or conversion from a Universal App Campaign  ?

more specifically will this report the data for the 3rd party tracking system?

I a regular campaign ( one that I can control the URLs, unlike in a UAC) I put the 3rd party  url in the ad's tracking template

1 Expert replyverified_user

Using account level Tracking template for Universal App Campaign (URGENT)

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Udi,

You can use ValueTrack parameters with your mobile app campaigns if you're using a third-party analytics solution that uses Confirmed Installs (source). Read more about this on this Google Developers resource: https://developers.google.com/app-conversion-tracking/ios/confirm

Kathleen

Re: Using account level Tracking template for Universal App Campaign (URGENT)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Kathleen,

1. Are you sure this will this also work with Universal App campaigns ? since posting this I've had 2 calls with AdWords support team and they said that the trackign template in the shared library will not track data \ have any affect on Universal App campaigns

2. We do not own the app advertised, but are simply promoting it for a network, so would have no access to the app itself.

What we did so far in other campaigns is use a tracking template in the ad itself,  for example: 

https://www.3rdpartytracking.com/cV-jMN_54dBJ94AEa?Keyword={Keyword}&Placement={Placement}&MatchType...Smiley Frustrated}

And this data would be conveyed to the network who would transfer it to the app developer, than once there was a conversion the app devloper send a conversion to the network who returns it to our tracking system ( it never registers in AdWords) 

But in UA campaigns we can't use this since we can't control any of the ads URL. 

This is makes me think that your solution won't work for our case. 

Am I right?

Thanks,