AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using a third party analytics product

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Folks,

I'm using Get Clicky for my analytics, and want to identify which Adword Ads, Campaigns, and Keywords, are leading to clicks and sales. I hear I need to use something called gclid.

I am a zero techy person, so please make your advice idiot-proof! I know how to set up goals in Clicky (previously Get Clicky).

Thank you in advance!  Dave Litten.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using a third party analytics product

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Dave.

I'm an idiot who wants to tell you that if you want to have that information, then indeed, by using auto-tagging in your AdWords account and Google Analytics as your free Analytics package you can have all that, bacon, cake and beer on the house Smiley Happy. But not with getClicky.

What getClicky can tell from that gclid parameter is only one thing: the fact that it's an AdWords click. Unless you manually tag every ad of yours, with all sorts of parameters (ad ID, campaign, keyword, etc.) getClicky cannot get that information from anywhere.

But with Google Analytics all you need to do is a small bit of javascript, a few clicks here and there and you have it all. Including what the people who got to your website searched for. That's because Google Analytics and AdWords share data behind the scenes, something that getClicky cannot do.

So do whatever you want with getClicky, I'm pretty sure it's a smart solution, but please, add a Google Analytics account to every AdWords account  of yours and enjoy Analytics nirvana. For free Smiley Happy.

What do you say? Would you like some information regarding how to setup your Analytics account and link it to your AdWords account?

Oops, I almost forgot: welcome to our community. I see it's your first post here.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Using a third party analytics product

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

And before you say no, please check out this link: http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2009/01/google-analytics-and-adwords-better.html

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.