AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using YouTube Video as a Landing Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Two part question.

As a stopgap until our marketing automation system is in place so we can build landing pages, our marketing team would like us to promote one of our videos via AdWords. The video description and annotations would then have a link to our site with conversion buttons. So the questions are:

1. Can we use a YouTube video page as a landing page?

2. If so, will the GCLID pass through to our site if a user clicks the link to go to it, or will I need to manually tag the link (or do something else)?

Thanks,

Ben Brooks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using YouTube Video as a Landing Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
1) Yes, as long as it complies with all other AdWords policies. I've actually never seen anyone do this though.
2) No, it will not.

You will be better off running video ads as there will be no way for you to measure this effectively.

Re: Using YouTube Video as a Landing Page

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I agree with Dave.  Instead of you working to set a tracking configuration  for (performances of)  a YouTube Channel, a better approach would be that the marketing would  finalize  / finish (the design of)  a landing page, which is easier to track. (You don't have to have it fully structured / set..)

You are going to promote a video channel using Adwords, and directing users from YouTube  to a "half baked" landing page.  Smiley Surprised So, why not  to (first) set  the landing page properly, and have the users directly  "landing" there when clicking  on the ad?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a set channel link on google adword and it is showing some click Costs. Can i withdraw that money?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’