AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using ValueTrack URL paremeter- {keyword} and {matchtype}

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My software collects statistics regarding clicks on adwords ads.

For this I set up ads that are trigered by several matchtype keywords including broad modifier (+keyword).

In the destination URL I inserted the dynamic parameters - {keyword} and {matchtype} and collected the data

after the ad was clicked.

I have 2 keywords defined - 

1. green apples

2. +green +apples

When someone searches green apples -> no problem - I get the value and the URL paremters together with the matchtype and know to add 1 click in my software to green apples.

When someone searches greenest apple -> my ad is triggered because of the broad modifier keyword but my software will get the keyword greenest apple (with 'b' as matchtype) -> this does not exist in my system so I can't count this click to the keyword +green +apples (although adwords does know who to attribute the click to).

How can I actually get this information? I would like to get 2 values as paremters - the actual search term as well as the keyword the triggered it (in my example - greenest apple and +green +apples).

Any idea how I can get this info ?

Many thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author easy l
September 2015

Re: Using ValueTrack URL paremeter- {keyword} and {matchtype}

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

I don't think there's a ValueTrack parameter for capturing search terms. (It's a privacy issue.)

You can, however, run a report to get this data (aggregated) out of AdWords. (It usually takes about 48 hours for full search term data to be posted into a search campaign.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author easy l
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

I don't think there's a ValueTrack parameter for capturing search terms. (It's a privacy issue.)

You can, however, run a report to get this data (aggregated) out of AdWords. (It usually takes about 48 hours for full search term data to be posted into a search campaign.)

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks , I am using adwords API so I guess I can generate a report a few days later that will show the exact search keyword together with the assigned campaign keyword - and compare with the actual keywords I got from the dynamic parameters.

Thanks again.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes, and that's the same data that gets posted into your AdWords account as "search terms." 

It doesn't provide 100% of data but provides useful info.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*