AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using UTM Tagging for Universal App Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I would like to run UAC (Universal App Campaign) for mobile apps campaign in AdWords, and i want to track the performance using UTM tagging since we didnt link the AdWords and Analytics account.

My question is, can we use UTM tagging for UAC ? I already checked on the AdWords dashboard and it seems no option on UAC to enter the Final URL from Playstore 

1-11-2016 11-57-12 PM.jpgNeed some advise to resolve this matter Smiley Happy

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author RyanBatchin
January 2016

Re: Using UTM Tagging for Universal App Campaign

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Unfortunately UAC campaigns do not support UTM tracking, since as you pointed out, you do not have the ability to alter the final URL. What I would recommend instead is to link AdWords and your Google Play developer account, so that you can review your campaign's statistics from the developer console.

Hope this helps,
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi CassieH,

I've read from different sources that google passes some info in the referrer parameter through the google play we could parse in the app. I haven't found however any information on exactly which information in which structure is being passed for the universal campaigns. Do you have any information on that?

Best, Silver

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Silver,

Thanks for posting to the Community! I haven't heard much about that feature myself, but I suspect that this may be what you're referring to--however, this would still not be an option with Universal App Campaigns since you do not have the ability to edit your URL.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any chance to have this soon? At least you could put a standart UTM for us - it could help a lot.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We'd also love to see this feature. I need to view how users who come to our app via UAC differ from users who come via other routes, we have our own custom analytics system based on UTM and cannot segment the users who come via UAC currently.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’