AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using ROAS with Conversion imported from Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

I am testing out the performance of different bid strategies and are trying out the 'Return On Ad Spend' bidding. However my conversion and values are imported from Analytics and Im not sure this will work (the performance looks really low after 36 hours). 

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using ROAS with Conversion imported from Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rasmus P,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I have tested it with many accounts by now, and in my experience it works better with accounts that have enough conversion volumes. On a low conversion or limited budget campaigns it does not seem to impress me much. However, I am currently using it with at least 10 campaigns across multiple accounts for my clients and yes, results are positive. 

Results are more of campaign specific and hence varies from campaigns to campaigns. In your case, I believe it would be too early to decide if it is working or not. I usually prefer to give at least a week or two to make my final decision whether I should continue with it or not. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan-Jha

Thanks for your reply.
Just so I totally understand. You are saying you have used the ROAS with conversion imported from analytics?
The "conversion imported from analytics" part is my main consern, so I just want to be sure.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well, I always prefer AdWords conversion to GA conversion import because data updates faster competitively. And for biding strategy that depends on conversion data it is an important factor to me. Then there's different attribution model used in GA, so I stay with AdWords conversions. 

Having said that, I have used ROAS with a few campaigns with GA imported Goals, but to be honest I did not actually analyse it to find if GA conversion can be a problem. 

You should ideally set up conversions in AW if possible, else you should give this campaign at least a week to respond properly.  It will allow you to make informed decision. 

My two cents!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Thanks a lot.
I just wanted to be sure it worked - then I will give it some time to optimize.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Добрый день!

How is your result? ROAS better than ECPC?

--
"Sales Arriving Daily"