AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using Google Goals Instead of Adwords Conversation

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi!
I am considering to remove Adwords Conversation and instead of that only use and Import Goals from Google Analytics into Adwords.

My question is that if Google Adwords will show all the conversations from different sources or only conversations from the ads, which it only should!

Because in Adwords I only want too see the conversations that made from the Ads and in Analytics see all the conversations that has bee generated from the ads and other sources.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sadjad J
February 2017

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 2
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Sadjad J

Adwords will show you conversions that happened only after a visitor clicks on your ads.

In Analytics you can to segment conversions you received from different sources: organic, paid, referral, etc. 

Regards,
Eva

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Eva

Hi Eva and thank you for answering me! So correct me if i'm wrong, When importing GA-Goals to Adwords, Adwords will then only show the conversations from visitors clicking on my ads?

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 4
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Yes, @Sadjad J, that's correctSmiley Happy

Regards,
Eva

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi @Sadjad J,

Make sure that you are not tracking the same goal from both(AdWords an GA).

If you are tracking the conversions from the AdWords UI and also import the same goal from GA, there will me mismatch in the conversion count.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Archit That is totally correct and very important to remember. I created a thread for this question a week ago Smiley Happy

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/If-I-mporting-Goals-from-GA...